Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mission: Jersey

Many the time was it my displeasure to walk into my apartment in the Dirty 30 and behold my questionable roommate watching The Sopranos. Despite this unwholesome obsession with the lives of the Jersey-Italian mafia, I have not allowed it to tarnish my understanding of the beauty of Atlantic City.

At approximately 1:00am on Friday, April 23rd, I shall again begin a venture to Atlantic City. I will of course cringe at the gangs and their obvious, broad-daylight activities... until, that is, my arrival at the valet parking of The Bally's! Once there, I shall be greeted by a life of hot tubs & complementary massages; enticing cocktail waitress with comparably enticing cocktails; and the oh-so-inspiring illusions of becoming a millionaire. In sum, all of the components of Materialistic America await me for a weekend of utter relaxation and living above my means. And I cannot wait.

However, this adventure is not without its ancillary purposes. Of course the main objective is to enjoy Western luxury at its finest. However, alternative motives enhance my anticipation. For example, the plans to network with the finest of the Jersey Mafia under an alias (Daniel Tyler Ward). And do not think for a moment that the on-going mission of bankrupting Tyler in gambling fees is lost on me. Oh, no. And to my delight, there is quite possibly no locale which is finer for the accommodation of such aspirations.

My friends, in two days time... Mission: Jersey will be "in progress."

No comments:

Post a Comment